This Privacy Notice relates to the FleetCheck mobile application which is owned by and operated by FleetCheck Ltd, Trafalgar House, Cotswold Business Park, Kemble, GL7 6BQ. Company Registration No 05674824
FleetCheck Ltd is registered with The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO Registration No Z9426134).
FleetCheck Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. FleetCheck Ltd also has obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and any subsequent replacement legislation (“the Act”) regarding the collection, use and storage of personal information relating to individuals which FleetCheck Ltd receives via the mobile app.
By using the mobile app you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this notice.
How we use your information
Information you give us.
This includes your name, email address and the vehicle registrations that you set up within the app, for this data FleetCheck are the data processor. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you or your employer and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- in order to organise, administer and run an online software programme which is accessible via the website. More specifically, FleetCheck Ltd may use your information to communicate with you via email and phone regarding your FleetCheck online account;
We use your data to respond to your enquiries about our services (the lawful basis for this is “Legitimate Interest”) and to provide our services to you (the lawful basis for this is “Contract”).
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If FleetCheck Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FleetCheck Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of the prevention or detection of crime or fraud.
Where we store your personal data
The information that we collect from and about you will be stored within systems located within the European Economic Area and therefore subject to equivalent data protection rules and safeguards. We will not store any of your information outside of the European Economic Area.
How to change your information or contact us about anything concerning our use of your personal data
If there are any changes in your details that we need to reflect, you want to check the accuracy of the details that we hold about you, or if you have any other questions about this Privacy Notice please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you feel that you need to complain about how we are handling your personal data please email email@example.com or use the ‘Contact Us’ form on our website.
Your ultimate point of contact for all data protection matters in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office. See the Contact us page on the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/
Changes to this Privacy Notice
If changes to the FleetCheck Ltd Data Protection Policy (and hence this Privacy Notice) include any significantly different use of your personal data, we will let you know and give you the option to agree to the new use.
Data Protection Officer
The Compliance Manager of FleetCheck is the Data Protection Officer. You can contact her via firstname.lastname@example.org
© FleetCheck Ltd 2018